A Call for Collaborators!
Mission statement: our purpose is to develop high-quality, engaging educational content and to distribute it to independently-minded students of literature while inspiring them to pursue their own real-life (and imaginative!) adventures.
- A multimedia, multi-unit course on English language literature
- Advanced-level lecture content in documentary-style videos, “docu-lectures”
- Filmed on location in the settings that inspired and influenced our texts
- Accompanied by reviews and essays, suggested assignments, and supplementary material
- Distributed as MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses), along with other outlets
- An opportunity to develop an income from study, travel, writing, and teaching
Docu-lectures add depth to literary studies. We will:
- employ the full potential of video to engage and teach students in a holistic manner,
- explore the geographical and historical context of literature,
- discover the vital relationship between the concrete world and imagination,
- provide the tools and inspiration for students to set out on their own literary tours,
- inspire students to develop their own unique approaches to the study of literature.
I'm looking for a small team to help me:
- research and plan courses,
- travel to and explore the locations,
- teach and film the lessons on site,
- edit and produce the videos and other material,
- and distribute the completed courses.
Some skills and abilities:
- with at least a Masters degree (or the equivalent knowledge) in a relevant field
- native or near-native spoken and written English (if you're teaching or writing content)
- endurance for full days of traveling, hiking, and camping in addition to filming (if you're going on the road),
this is more than education, it's adventure travel: learn by experience!
- vision, ambition, and a willingness to take ownership of your contribution.
The first course is planned for production in Leuven (pre- and post-) and England (filming) during the summer and fall of 2016. The specific texts, a selection of novels, are only tentatively chosen.
Contact me if you're interested, or pass this along if you know someone who might be.
Explore · Study · Create · Share · Inspire